George Michael Gerstein
George Michael Gerstein focuses his practice on advising clients on the fiduciary and prohibited transaction provisions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA). He counsels banks, trust companies, broker-dealers, investment managers, private fund (including hedge funds and private equity funds) sponsors, and advisers on their responsibilities under federal law when managing plan assets.
Most Recent Posts:
- GAO recommends climate change risk assessment in Thrift Savings Plan
- More proposed legislation to prevent Thrift Savings Plan investment in Chinese equities
- Texas and Maine Approaches to Fossil Fuel Divestment a Cautionary Tale for Investment Managers
- Cybersecurity and Related Legal Risks Come Home to ERISA Plans
- Bitcoin coming to 401(k)s?