George Michael Gerstein
George Michael Gerstein focuses his practice on advising clients on the fiduciary and prohibited transaction provisions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA). He counsels banks, trust companies, broker-dealers, investment managers, private fund (including hedge funds and private equity funds) sponsors, and advisers on their responsibilities under federal law when managing plan assets.
Most Recent Posts:
- A key implication for financial services firms under the SECURE Act
- ERISA fiduciaries, take note of new ISS study on ESG
- Plan sponsors continue taking a close eye on fees
- Larry Fink discusses ESG and ERISA’s fiduciary duties with Squawk Box
- Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker opposes the uniform fiduciary rule proposal; implications uncertain